Freeze?

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 11:32:51 EDT 2008

Hi Marco et al,

I think you are doing the right thing by proceeding as usual until we
get the word that a harder freeze is in place.

FYI for all on triage. We are caught up as of yesterday at 3PM US ET.

We will do a triage everyday at 1PM US ET on IRC (freenode.net
#olpc-meeting channel). We quickly look at each bug and either mark it a
blocker, change its milestone to a future release, ask for more details etc.

I think all the "blocks?:8.2.0" bugs have been cleared. Some were
upgraded to blocks:8.2.0, some were resolved and some were downgraded.

So we are now focused on the single query: http://dev.laptop.org/report/28

If we can clear those we will be ready to release (assuming no more deal
breakers come in...)

FYI on meetings we also have a two weekly meetings on this release at
the same IRC location. Tuesdays and Wed.s 2 - 4 PM US ET.

Those meetings cover bug triage, release process, state of the code and
anything else needed to get the release out the door.

Thanks for all the test reports and work.

Thanks,

Greg S