need help troubleshooting possible jffs2 problem

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 02:24:10 EDT 2008

I am having w/ one of the XO's from a pilot school.

I cannot copy large files from a USB key to the local SSD. The SSD mtd0
is only 47% full. I am trying to transfer a 156 MB file. The XO crashes
when I try to copy the file locally.

The XO works fine otherwise. I have run test-all and seen no errors. I
have reflashed the OS image (703) and still encounter the problem. The
reflashing process did not display a larger than normal # of bad blocks,
probably only 6-7.

This leads me to think there might be an issue w/ the underlying jffs2
filesystem.

Can someone help me answer the following questions?

1. When I reflash the OS using copy-nand does it reset the filesystem?
2. How can I troubleshoot filesystem issues in general on the XO?

thanks

Bryan
OLE Nepal