debxo 0.3 release

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Fri Oct 31 19:48:32 EDT 2008

kawk at theprogrammingsite.com wrote:
> I have updated the firmware to Q2E20, and that error message is gone. Instead, once its complete, and I try to boot into debxo, it gives me a sad face and powers off after 10 seconds. Is this because it's an unsigned build, and I have no devel key after the reflash? If so, how can I put a devel key onto an unbootable XO?

Yes. If you installed you blew away your dev key.  Do you have a back
up?  If not then you can get your key again via the collector key.
Details here:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activation_and_Developer_Keys#If_the_machine_won.27t_boot

Put the key on USB disk in the /security dir and boot the machine with
the USB disk inserted.  That will unlock your XO.

then at the OFW ok prompt type disable-security

After that your XO will be forever unlocked unless you enable-security

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child