debxo 0.3 release
quozl at laptop.org
Fri Oct 31 19:43:35 EDT 2008
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 06:52:34PM -0400, kawk at theprogrammingsite.com wrote:
> I have updated the firmware to Q2E20, and that error message is gone.
> Instead, once its complete, and I try to boot into debxo, it gives me
> a sad face and powers off after 10 seconds. Is this because it's an
> unsigned build, and I have no devel key after the reflash?
Yes, probably. You apparently didn't disable-security, and so by
flashing debxo you erased the developer key you had on the NAND flash.
> If so, how
> can I put a devel key onto an unbootable XO?
Here is what you should do now:
1. put the develop.sig on a USB key again, in a security/ directory, as
described in the Wiki page for Developer Keys,
2. put the USB key in the XO, and power up, you should get the
OpenFirmware messages, at which you press ESC, and get the ok
3. type disable-security and press ENTER, there will be a power cycle,
4. press ESC again to cancel the automatic boot,
5. type disable-security and press ENTER.
James Cameron mailto:quozl at us.netrek.org http://quozl.netrek.org/
More information about the Devel