Collection (.xol) glitches

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Wed Oct 29 20:04:23 EDT 2008

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008, S Page wrote:

> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:47:35 -0700
>
> In "Re: Sugar unusable as an e-book reader", david at lang.hm wrote:
>
>>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Content_bundle_making_script .
>>
>> hmm, I modified the script ... and used it to create bundle .xol files.
>> putting them on the USB stick doesn't seem to work. they show up in the
>> journal as unknown file types

I think I may have tracked the problem down.

the script doesn't set category or license which are now listed as
required fields. I set them manually on one directory and ran the python
command to index them and was able to access one book.

I haven't yet updated my script to do this for all of them and then try to
load the xol from the web or the journal, but I'll try that tonight.

the only way I figured this out was that when I ran the python
indexer manually it reported a error that gave me enough hints to go
looking for category.

David Lang