9.1 Proposal: Activities as Building Blocks

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Tue Oct 28 19:23:52 EDT 2008

If one chooses to regard Activities as the "basic building blocks" of
learning experiences, then it seems natural to wonder how these blocks
can be glued together into larger learning structures. I will present
some thoughts that Cynthia, Barbara, Chris, Brian, and I have had on
this subject. (I am given to understand that Walter will also speak,
either in this session or in another about his work toward a "Portfolio"
activity and about his conversations with Peruvian educators on this
topic.)

Michael