Anyone set up a client/server application using stream tubes?

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 06:23:00 EDT 2008

Le vendredi 24 octobre 2008 à 14:18 +0000, Faisal Anwar a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to document some more stuff related to Stream Tubes for the
> sugar almanac (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_Almanac) and wanted to
> set up some examples related to the different types of client/server
> arrangments that can be supported by the sugar.network package.
> However, I've been having some trouble getting a client/server
> application up an running on a stream tube through threading. Has
> anyone else tried this and could you point me to some example code?
>
> One example of what I would like to be able to do: create a
> continuously running http server on one XO that can send files to
> requests from a client XO. I have created a server that can do this
> once, but when I try to get it to repeatedly listen for client
> requests, I am not able to get things working.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

AFAIK, Read is currently the only OLPC activity using stream tubes but
the tube code is not OLPC specific at all; it just use the Telepathy
API.
You can find some doc about tubes in the Telepathy specification [1].
The most examplary codes are probably in telepathy-python/examples/.
You'll find some scripts demoing stream and D-Bus tubes.

	G.

[1]
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec.html#org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Channel.Type.Tubes