9.1 Proposal: Power.

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Fri Oct 24 22:35:17 EDT 2008

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008, Gary C Martin wrote:

> Not sure if this helps the original feedback (that the sudden screen
> dimming is annoying when trying to read), but the effect is at least
> more pleasing than a sudden sharp drop in brightness.

what I would really like to see is a reading mode, where the CPU goes to
sleep fairly quickly (the faster the wake-up when a button is pressed the
more quickly it can go to sleep), but the screen doesn't change. only if
the system is idle for a long time (tens of min) should the cpu wake up
and decide to dim/blank the screen.

David Lang