9.1 Proposal: Power.

Ed McNierney ed at laptop.org
Wed Oct 22 16:15:39 EDT 2008

Chris -

The OS X dimming is more than 10 seconds, but not much more.  OK, it's
rather lame to make that assertion on a MacBook Pro without timing
it....

When running on battery with Energy Saver set to "Better Battery
Life" (which sets "Automatically reduce the brightness of the display
before display sleep") the backlight dims after 30 seconds.  On AC
with the equivalent setting it's 2 minutes, 30 seconds.  In each case
the dimming time seems to be 50% of the time until the screen is
turned off.  1 minute is the minimum time before display sleep.

	- Ed