9.1 Proposal: shutdown menu

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Wed Oct 22 14:16:51 EDT 2008

noiseehc wrote:
 > In the old builds I could initiate a shutdown and close the lid and the
 > XO just finished the shutdown.
 > In the new builds when I close the lid the shutdown halts because of
 > suspend (I think, can be mistaken). Could it be a little bit more clever
 > about when to suspend? Or is it what you are referring with "(this will
 > need to interact with lid-close in a sensible manner.)"?

yes -- that's one case.  the other i was thinking of was
if the "suspend in 5 seconds" thing were implemented, then you
don't want lid-close to preempt that in a way that caused
the "5 second delay followed by suspend" to complete _after_
you've closed, and later reopened, the lid -- you'll suspend
right after opening up.

paul