New mesh throughput record?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Oct 22 08:08:07 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 00:01 -1000, Mitch Bradley wrote:
> It might also be a Linux scheduler artifact, perhaps related to the
> multithreaded nature of the Libertas driver.

That's possible -- TX packets aren't sent directly from the driver's
hard_start_xmit() function, but are just queued for the main thread to
send them. It's like that because that was the 'sledgehammer' fix for
the evil locking problems which the original driver had.

There will be a certain amount of latency introduced by the current
setup, obviously. If we believe we now have a handle on the concurrency
issues, then we could sensibly look at moving the actual TX handling
back into the TX routines. Carefully.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation