[Server-devel] Backup of laptops

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 05:06:53 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Pia Waugh <greebo at waugh.id.au> wrote:
> They have the right ownership, and the ds-backup.py on my 767 image doesn't
> look the same as in that trac log. I'll look into it some more.

The other thing to check is that ~/.sugar/default/owner.key in the XO
is mode 600 . Something on the XO will sometimes change it to 755 or
some other ridiculous unsafe mode.

And note - the script that controls the run of the backup -
ds-backup.sh - checks for the _mtime_ of the ds-backup.run file to
avoid running more than once per day. The file is expected to remain
to indicate when it last run correctly. stat the file to see when it
was last run.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions