Reminder: Demo of next-gen journal ideas *tomorrow noon* @ 1cc

C. Scott Ananian cscott at
Tue Oct 14 17:09:48 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 2:41 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at> wrote:
> I'll be giving a demo of some next-generation journal ideas (and code)
> at noon Wednesday at OLPC's 1cc offices.  I'll make sure to have it
> recorded, and you can expect it posted online shortly afterwards (for
> all those not in the Cambridge area).
> A taste to whet your appetite:
> When I spoke to the GNOME folks yesterday, my talk also touched on
> "tag cd", olpcfs, comparison of desktop search engines, RSS,
> OpenSearch, Ferraris, and application launch protocols.  No promises,
> though.  I don't even promise to have slides.

I can promise to talk about journal security & bitfrost and evil
linker tricks now.

I can't yet promise to talk about opensearch and
stupidly-basic-collaboration-we-still-don't-have, but I'm hoping that
a few more hours of hacking will yield sufficient demoware for that.

I'm hoping to have slides, so that I can recycle them for a talk in
Peru next week.

Again: this talk is *tomorrow noon* at OLPC's offices, and shortly after online.

                         ( )