[sugar] Joyride is open for development!

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Fri Oct 17 15:37:18 EDT 2008

2008/10/17 Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 9:14 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
>> The current plan is to wait until F10 is released (end of November)
>> before rebasing Joyride onto it.
>
> But the decision to rebase has been made?

Well, I believe Michael, Chris and I are in favor of it, and I haven't
heard any strong arguments against doing so.  (Then again, I'm not
particularly looking forward to the work!)

The real question is whether we're going to settle with F10, or try to
follow Rawhide or even to wait for F11.  My strong opinion is that 9.1
should be based on F10, and I don't yet have a strong opinion on what
9.2 should follow.  I think dgilmore has argued that we should be
trying to stay absolutely current with Fedora, so that we have a
chance to make changes before Fedora stabilizes, and so that every
Fedora release has the absolute latest Sugar.  (I think we've got
enough problems fixing our own bugs, and I don't want to be making
changes and trying to stabilize at the same time Fedora is making
changes to try to do so.)

Anyway, that argument is still open.  And if anyone would like to make
the strong argument that we should *not* rebase on F10, they should do
so before F10 is released and we start trying to move joyride to it.
But "unless anyone objects" the plan is to move to F10 ASAP so we're
not trying to shake all the bugs out of the rebase the month before
we're scheduled to release.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )