[OLPC India] OLPC as Project of the Day at FOSS.in

amit gogna amit.gognaa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 03:30:36 EDT 2008

Sayamindu,

I hope that your proposal gets through. I can try to join you in Bangalore
for the same.

Though I have not had much deep insight into hacking into Sugar as other
aspects of OLPC takes most of time. But I will like to take this opportunity
to get started on it. So if I understand rightly the  first thing I need to
do is brush up my Python Programming skills.

Also how about having a workout session on story telling activity in sugar
or it can be part of Project Day itself.

Cheers,
Amit

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:55 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The CFP for FOSS.in 2008, one of the largest Free/Open Source Software
> conference in Asia, is out, and this time they are following a very
> different format, with the emphasis on _producing code_. The CFP is at
> http://foss.in/news/call-for-participation.html
>
> I'm thinking of proposing OLPC as a Project of the Day (or maybe a
> FOSS Workout - though I don't think much can be achieved in 3 hours).
>
> Possible talks that come to my mind  (and on which I can talk with,
> some effort) include:
>
> a) Developing Sugar activities with GTK+
> b) Hacking Sugar
> c) Collaboration in Sugar
> d) Developing Sugar Activities with PyGame
>
> Is anyone interested in presenting anything else on OLPC in FOSS.in ?
>
> Possible projects/workout sessions I'm willing to help coordinate
> include a Media (audio/video) viewer for Browse (similar to the PDF
> viewer I came up a few days back), a Translate sugar activity for on
> the fly translation of activities. Are there any projects/features
> which you can think of which can reach a demo-able state after one day
> of (possibly distributed) hacking ? If you cna think of them, do you
> think it will be possible for you to come to FOSS.in and help
> coordinate the hacking session ?
>
> Thanks,
> Sayamindu
>

> --