World scriptures

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 02:15:11 EDT 2008

We have a Bible program in Sugar. Sword allows any number of texts,
dictionaries, and commentaries in any combination of languages to be
integrated together. I know where many other scriptures in many
languages are available, and would like to start a project to
integrate them into Sword and make them globally available. Some of
the materials are

Qur'an, Muslim
Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Sikh
Tipitaka and Tripitaka, Buddhist
Kanjur, Tanjur, Buddhist
Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Hindu
Laozi, Juangzi, Daozang, Daoist
Confucius, Mencius, Confucian
Talmud, Jewish
Popul Vuh, Mayan

I am open to other suggestions, and will need help with appropriate
dictionaries and commentaries. This is a large project, and will need
people with a range of skills. I can contact organizations that work
on each of the sets of texts listed, but we will need more contacts
beyond them.

o Should I create one ticket for the project, or one per religion, or what?

o Where can we host this?

--
Silent Thunder (默雷/धर्ममेघशब्दगर्ज ) is my name
And Children are my nation.