Fedora 10 for 9.1.0?

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Tue Oct 14 19:19:02 EDT 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Walter Bender wrote:

> We went through this early on in the development of the OLPC software
> stack. It became clear that we were not far enough along to be able to
> settle in on RHEL. Maybe we'll be at that point after another turn or
> two of the crank. Maybe the XS will be there sooner. But too much is
> in flux.

I don't want to start a distro flamefest, but the question needs to be
asked.

the distro landscape has changed a bit in the last few years, is it worth
considering a jump to Ubuntu if it has a better fit for your release
cycle? at the very least it telegraphs the long-term support versions.

it's not like you really depend on the underlying distro for very much.
it's mostly a convienient codebase to start from in developing your own
distro.

David Lang