Updated UBIFS 8.2 image

Erik Garrison erik at laptop.org
Tue Oct 14 14:51:17 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 01:26:32PM -0700, Deepak Saxena wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have updated the  UBIFS 8.2 image on d.l.o with a
> new kernel that includes various backports from kernel.org.
> One major change that is noticeable is that the free space
> calculation reports 921MiB free instead of 822MiB due to
> improved df reporting. I've also disabled debug messages
> and this will improve performance (UBI attach time dropped
> from 50s to < 2s).
>
> Directions for installation:
>
>  * Make sure your XO has security disabled
>
>  * Make sure your XO is running the latest OFW. The best way to do this
>    is to update it to 8.2.0.
>
>  * Download the following files to a USB stick:
>
>    http://dev.laptop.org/~dsaxena/ubi_test/data.img
>    http://dev.laptop.org/~dsaxena/ubi_test/nand.img
>
>  * Boot the laptop with USB stick and escape into the OFW prompt.
>
>  * Run:
>
>    ok dev nand   : write-blocks write-pages ;  dend
>    write-blocks isn't unique # You can ignore this
>    ok update-nand u:\data.img

By including the attached file on the same USB stick you can both run
the workaround and the flash with the following command:

    ok fl u:u.fth

Untested here as I only have one laptop at my disposal and I'm working
on other issues at the moment, but should work as I've just copied the
commands you note into a forth source file.

Erik