ship Gnash 0.8.4 RC1 in OLPC 8.2.0?

Daniel Drake dsd at
Mon Oct 13 14:06:25 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at> wrote:
> I should note that I'm a bit out of touch from the current state of
> 8.2 development, so don't treat my words as authorative.

I'll attempt to be a bit less useless: if you really feel that the
gnash upgrade is really significant, and worth delaying G1G1 mass
production for, then my suggestion would be to mail Michael Stone, the
8.2 release manager. He's the person who can provide a definite
answer. Use a subject line like "please delay 8.2 for new gnash
release," point him to these discussions, make a clear succinct
argument for the benefits of the upgrade (which sites now work? how
much faster is it? etc), and (if possible) explain why this would be a
low risk change, with no danger of introducing regressions.
Also be clear to offer any assistance that you can provide - RPMs,
testing help, offers to run the smoke test, etc.


More information about the Devel mailing list