OLPC Sugar-Fedora OS name (Carlos Nazareno)

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Wed Oct 8 15:53:39 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going with XO Software Release 8.2.0 as the name of the next major
> release.

I prefer "OLPC release 8.2", until such time as OLPC either (a) makes
hardware other than the XO, or (b) ships/supports software other than
Sugar.  Martin seems to be using 'OLPC XS xyz' to name his school
server releases; that seems clear enough.  I don't think adding
"software" to the name adds any value (what else do we do releases
of?).  And 'XO' should be the default; let's keep the common case
short and leave it implied.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )