OFW trackpad test woes

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Oct 5 12:14:28 EDT 2008

On 5 Oct 2008, at 10:48, Mitch Bradley wrote:

> http://dev.laptop.org/~wmb/q2e19a.rom is a test build that purports to
> fix http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8451#comment:7 (This Time For Sure !)
>
> If anybody is just itching to test a bleeding edge OFW, this is your
> chance.  (Okay, so it's not really all that bleeding.  It's not too
> different from Q2E18 which is going in the G1G1V2 build.)

Currently running Q2E18 on a B4 (test-all gives me the 'Invalid
Opcode' and drops to the ok prompt just *after* the track pad test). I
downloaded http://dev.laptop.org/~wmb/q2e19a.rom and tried to install
it but without luck:

ok flash n:\boot\q2e19a.rom
Reading n:\boot\q2e19a.rom
Got firmware version: CL1    Q2E19a Q2E
Checking integrity ...
Firmware image has bad internal CRC

Just to be clear. Does Q2E18 work fully through the test-all process
on the new G1G1 HW? If so, it's just existing, old XO users that will
currently fail the self test? My main worry would be if the new G1G1
hardware fails the self test. The vast majority will arrive in fully
working order, and never need the test, but for the unlucky few %, a
faulty self-test (especially on something as historically contentious
as the track pad) would cause a lot of blowback to OLPC.

--Gary