5 sec boot

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Sat Oct 4 22:16:33 EDT 2008

This depends pretty strongly on which Linux distribution you choose as
the basis for your USB key Sugar installation.  The need to be
compatible with a wide range of different computers is going to be a
significant issue.  If you have to deal with a lot of possibilities, you
need a lot of code and that code has to check for a lot of things.

That said, there are probably improvements to be had.  It's probably
best to address the issue with the organization that is responsible for
the particular Linux distribution.  My work has been specifically
focused on what we can do with XO laptops, for which we know the
hardware configuration.