5 sec boot

Deepak Saxena dsaxena at laptop.org
Sat Oct 4 20:42:25 EDT 2008

On Oct 03 2008, at 08:08, Mitch Bradley was caught saying:

> > neither of these require any changes to the Fedora stuff (I do this on
> > every system that I run, have done so with many different distros, and
> > never run into problems)
> >
> > remember that you can still have modules for USB devices, but not need
> > to use any of them at boot time (if there are no USB devices plugged in)
>
> As mentioned, our wireless module is on an internal USB port.  To what
> extent does that complicate the situation?

With the module_init_deffered() stuff we can move the init of
the libertas out of the critical path.

The reason we modularized USB AFAIK is to keep it out of the resume
path when not in used but I forget that there is also a bind/unbind
to driver functionality that can be used to to achieve the same.

~Deepak

Deepak Saxena - Kernel Developer - dsaxena at laptop.org