hyperactivity limits

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Thu Oct 2 02:28:33 EDT 2008

I wrote:

> It is not completely satisfactory: I don't have the resources to test
> up to 3000 active users which I believe is an important target.

Just to clarify this: it was actually client resources I ran out of,
not the server (though that must have been getting close to melt
down).

I used hyperactivity, but could only maintain about 250 connections
from each instance.  Guillaume: you mentioned somewhere that you had
worked on a Gabble bug relating to hyperactivity, so I tried a git
snapshot and got a recurring trace back with this punchline:

dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Errors.NotImplemented: \
 Unknown property BuddyGadgetAvailable on org.laptop.Telepathy.Gadget

Do I need to replace other stuff than just Gabble?  Or should I not
bother yet? Is 250 connections in the order that you get?  Perhaps my
hyperactivity has issues all of its own.

Douglas