Wacom Bamboo with XO?

Chris Marshall jns-cmarshall at comcast.net
Sun Nov 30 16:52:59 EST 2008

pgf at laptop.org wrote:
> wade wrote:
>  > I'm partly set up to build kernels, I can give it a try at some point.
>  >
>  > Ultimately though, just mouse position and clicking isn't nearly
>  > enough.  You *at least* need pressure information for a decent tablet
>  > painting experience.
>
> right -- i'm hoping someone with some tablet experience will
> point to some tool that does the right config of the tablet.

Well, I haven't yet figured out how to get an appropriate
OLPC kernel build set-up but from my investigation to date
it looks like the gtk.gdk class interface already has the
"smarts" to talk to tablets.

By default, Wacom USB tablets start out in a generic HID mode.
The application would need to recognize the tablet, then
enable the full tablet driver and configuration.

   http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/index.php/howto/theory

 From my reading of the gtk.gdk page it looks like those
should map directly to the tablet access info on the Wacom
HOWTO site.

http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/index.php/appdev

There is even a command line utility to config
the tablet that could probably be integrated into the
Sugar shell process or Sugarized into an activity of sorts:

http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/index.php/howto/xsetwacom

Regards,
Chris