Music Keyboard for TamTam?

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun Nov 30 00:20:51 EST 2008

On 30 Nov 2008, at 01:29, Erik Garrison wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 8:23 AM,  <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:
>> ignacio wrote:

>>> All "wontfix" means is that they're waiting for someone with a
>>> stronger
>>> itch to scratch it ;)
>>
>> i really have no idea how such devices are normally presented to
>> the systems, but is it possible that the keyboard is consists of
>> more than one USB device (i.e., via a built-in hub) and that not
>> all the drivers are present on the XO?
>>

> FWIW, The M-audio systems abide by open midi specifications and are
> platform-independent.  I don't know about the driver situation.
>
> There is a program which can be used to dump midi signals to stdout.
> It might be a good test as it's very simple to configure and its
> results are very clear, unlike the audio programs you'll want to use.

... and it's called??? Gah! ;-)

I'm trying to hack my way through coding csound, but I've not had much
time to play so far. A magic midi data dumping tool would be a nice
shortcut to test – FWIW, I can see my M-audio correctly listed on the
USB as an available MIDI input device, but not got any further yet.