michael at laptop.org
Sat Nov 29 21:18:12 EST 2008
I've wanted to see Journal2 running on an XO for some time so I:
1. flashed 767 onto my XO and installed git.
2. checked out git://dev.laptop.org/users/cscott/journal2.
* downloading and recompressing 80 MB of videos is really slow on an
XO; please stick these in a submodule.
3. built myself a pinot rpm with your patches...
* checkout git://dev.laptop.org/users/cscott/pinot
* saved the diff from your pristine source import commit to HEAD;
removed debian-specific hunks
* checkout pinot from Fedora cvs and, on the F-9 branch,
'cvs up -r pinot_0_85-1_fc9 .'
to return to pinot-0.85-1 (f9 is on pinot-0.89)
* modified the specfile to apply your cumulative patch
* make mockbuild MOCKCFG=fedora-9-i386
* posted the result to http://teach.laptop.org/~mstone/pinot.rpm
and installed it by
4. yum install pinot for deps, wget the patched pinot,
then 'rpm -Uvh --force' updated pinot
5. as olpc, 'mkdir ~/Journal; cd journal2; python gui.py'
This is adequate to bring up a nice journal gui but, unfortunately,
searches yield no documents, presumably because none have been indexed.
What should I do in order to try out searching?
More information about the Devel