will there be an 8.2 update ?

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Sat Nov 29 18:08:07 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 05:48:17PM -0500, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
>My reason for asking is that I have a problem with Network Manager
>0.6 (ticket #8343).  If there is a chance that 8.2 will be improved,
>I will leave that ticket open.  If 8.2's Network Manager will not be
>updated, then I can close that ticket as 'wontfix', and instead
>write a different ticket against the newer Network Manager.  [What
>Network Manager 0.7 does/does_not_do needs to be described
>differently from what Network Manager 0.6 does/does_not_do.]
>
>Will a 'fixpack for 8.2' be released ?

My rough impression is that if any point releases to 8.2 are made, they
will be created at the behest of a deployment via existing
country-support procedures. Therefore, I suspect your NM-0.7 ticket will
appeal to a larger audience than your 0.6 ticket.

However, for completeness, you should also be aware that people with
Fedora CVS accounts and access to the joyride drop-boxes can supply new
versions of packages for use with 'yum update' for 8.2. Therefore, while
I am aware of little specific interest in releasing 8.2-bug-fixes before
9.1, it is technically feasible for interested volunteers to do so of
their own accord.

Does this help?

Michael