[Localization] OLPC Afghanistan

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 14:01:25 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> [changing to the olpc devel mailing list]
>
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Ebtihaj Obaidi
> <ebtihaj_obaidi at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi dears.
>> finally OLPC Afghanistan started its official work from Afghanistan.
>> For details just visit:
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/One_Laptop_Per_Child_Afghanistan
>> OR
>> http://www.olpc.blogsky.com
>
> Hi Ebtihaj,
>
> would like to know more about your software development tasks, what is
> OLPC Afghanistan going to work on?

I see work on Dari, Pashto, and Uzbek for Afghanistan. How about
Hazaragi and Aimaq? Do you need Tajik?

We have an Arabic language Qur'an Activity, and we also have the Sword
Activity, which can handle any texts, dictionaries and commentaries in
any number of languages. What would your country like to make
available to its children?

What other Activities would be specific to Afghanistan? Music?
Literature? Games? Art? History?

> Thanks,
>
> Tomeu
>
>> Sohaib Obaidi "Ebtihaj"