Touch pads

Ben Wiley Sittler bsittler at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:53:51 EST 2008

not sure whether this is the same bug/limitation, but i have noticed
the touchpad goes haywire when my daughter uses it with a bit of food
on her fingers (obviously i try to avoid letting this happen, but
sometimes it does anyhow...)

i just tried to simulate this.

as a test i used an eyedropper to put 0.5ml of tapwater onto the
touchpad. suddenly the entire vertical strip of trackpad containing
the droplet becomes nonresponsive, but the rest of the trackpad works
still. when i drag my finger through the droplet to remove it from the
trackpad, leving my finger a bit wet and "tacky", the trackpad
subsequently feels very jumpy. once i dry off my finger, though, it
works fine.

i don't have instruments here, but a local weather site says:

 59.8 °F  / 15.4 °C
Haze
Humidity: 	75%
Dew Point: 	52 °F / 11 °C