Touch pads

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:42:39 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:11 PM,  <david at lang.hm> wrote:
> the problem is that if they can't duplicate the problem they can't fix it
> (they can change things, but they have no way of knowing if it fixes the
> problem or not)

Well, right now I'm in a rather hot and humid location (Buenos Aires,
Argentina), and will be here for 1 month, working. What things can I
do to replicate it?

 Let the machine get very warm?
 Get very sweaty hands?
 This place is not dusty - not sure what would help this
 Are kids hands more likely to trigger it than adult hands? I have a 4
year-old that can help us.
 Does being grounded vs wearing rubber soled shoes make a difference?

To Richard:

  What logs should I capture? Things to try?

>> I somehow
>> got the notion that models from the future would be helped with this
>> defect somehow, but apparently that's not the case.

Well, there *is* a new touchpad model in the works, I'm not sure
exactly when it enters production.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions