Conundrum - XO connected to AP + Mesh?

Ian Daniher it.daniher at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 21:00:12 EST 2008

Hello all,
I've been asking on #olpc-devel the last few days, trying to figure out how
to connect my XO simultaneously to both a mexh network and to an AP.
My goal is to have the same XO able to surf the internet and ssh into meshed
XOs. Whether or not this XO acts as an MPP, providing other XOs with
internet, is irrelevant. I hope to do this as simply as possible via
terminal. I'm guessing there's some magic recipe of ifconfig and iwconfig
commands, but no one seems to know what it is.
My goal is to do this without network manager.
Any help you're able to give me would be wonderful.
Many thanks!
--
Ian Daniher
it.daniher at gmail.com