x11vnc and vncviewer for classroom

scott at gnuveau.net scott at gnuveau.net
Sun Nov 23 19:24:01 EST 2008

Hi Peter,

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Peter Robinson wrote:

> > Hi All,
> >
> > Pardon my lack of experience with the XO... was supposed to get 2 of them
> > with the original G1G1 program, but that apparently did not work out.
> >
> > Does the XO have a standard ethernet interface?  If so, and if that
> > interface does PXE, it would make an admirable LTSP terminal when
> > connected to a wired network also.
>
> No wired ethernet onboard, although I think it supports some usb
> ethernet adapters.

Doubtful that would work then, although it could do an X -query $X11SERVER
where the X11 server is broadcasting XDMCP.  Could probably also use
LTSP's ldm to connect to a standard LTSP server instead of running a local
GUI.  That is essentially X compressed and encrypted over a
ssh tunnel.  Either of these methods would work over either a usb NIC or
the wifi.

Enjoy,
Scott