XO deployment count?

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Mon Nov 17 21:18:45 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com> wrote:
> As an asset on our main website, it aims to be as authoritative as
> possible.  The current numbers were populated via the wiki
> (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Deployments), which I believe is kept
> mostly up to date (but I could be wrong).  A few of the numbers have
> been adjusted or added since the initial population of the map via the
> wiki (Ghana, for instance).
>
> If these numbers are low, or deployments are missing, please let me
> know!  What other sources have you found?

I wasn't impressed with the accuracy of the wiki last I checked, but
maybe it's been updated.  The most recent numbers I know about are in:
 http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=users/cscott/talks;a=blob_plain;f=usmp-fia-peru-20081025.odp;hb=HEAD
  (slides 16 and 17)
The first slide shows numbers of laptops which have 'phoned home',
which should consider a lower limit on the number of machines in the
field -- a number of our deployments have no connectivity, and those
that have connectivity are often firewalled.

The second shows Peru status: 40,000 today in 600 schools, and 150,000
in transit, which will go into an additional 900 schools.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )