XO deployment count?

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Mon Nov 17 21:18:51 EST 2008

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Eben Eliason wrote:

> As an asset on our main website, it aims to be as authoritative as
> possible.  The current numbers were populated via the wiki
> (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Deployments), which I believe is kept
> mostly up to date (but I could be wrong).  A few of the numbers have
> been adjusted or added since the initial population of the map via the
> wiki (Ghana, for instance).
>
> If these numbers are low, or deployments are missing, please let me
> know!  What other sources have you found?

on the olpc wiki I've seen links to the New York deployment in the past

currently one of the links on the front page of the wiki points at
http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/editors/22041/ (March 2008) which
states that 400k laptops are going to peru

also on that same front page there is a link to
http://radian.org/notebook/astounded-in-arahuay (also march 2008) which
states 260 odd thousand laptops.

David Lang