XO Feature Roadmap Meeting - Wed Nov. 12, 2PM US ET

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 16:59:27 EST 2008


Hi All,

The next XO Feature Roadmap meeting is Wed November 12 at 2PM US ET on 
IRC freenode.net #olpc-meeting channel.

Agenda is the following:

- 5 minutes - Review edits and action items.
- 40 minutes - Review proposals (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XOcamp_2) 
starting at Fedora 10.
- 10 minutes - Relationship between January conference and November 
Sugar Camp (agenda item request by Joe).
- 5 minutes - set agenda and action items for next week

Hope to "see" you there!

Thanks,

Greg S

***********
Minutes from last week

Several engineers and others met on IRC on Wed. November, 5 to discuss 
Future Feature planning for the XO.

*********
Agenda: http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-November/020918.html

This meeting is currently focused on setting the agenda and preparing 
material for an XO and XS focused technical conference in January, 2009.

*********

Minutes:
- Review open action items.
Mel updated "Automated testing tools" proposal.

Kim removed 'What is support' and "Customization, imaging, and 
Activating XOs.

No other updates done this week. Will start pushing harder for more 
details on target talks once we finish first pass review of all proposals.

- Reviewed proposals
* Uruguay Observations
Yes agreed we want to do this. Chris to add details.

Networking section:
The proposal is to fold this whole section in to two sessions.
1 - GUI, activities, asynchronous collaboration, journal and object file 
sharing including requirements and use cases.

Networking and collaboration technology including network manager, mesh, 
presence and 802.11s ad hoc, and wireless.

Pending buy in, Greg, Morgan, Michail and Scott to work on setting those 
agendas, times and preparing materials.

Linux section:
* Filesystems
Yes want to discuss this. Deepak to fill in details

* Updates
Defer. May be good but we need more details from Scott.

* Dealing with Low Memory conditions.
Should be part of performance section. Greg to move up.

**************
Comments, edits and suggestions welcome.

Please update your proposals with more detail!
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XOcamp_2#Proposals

Next meeting Wed November, 12 2PM US ET on IRC Freenode.net #olpc-meeting

Agenda for next meeting:
5 minutes - Review edits and action items.
40 minutes - Review proposals starting at Fedora 10.
10 minutes - Relationship between January conference and November Sugar 
Camp (agenda item request by Joe).
5 minutes - set agenda and action items for next week



More information about the Devel mailing list