New joyride build 2546

david at lang.hm david at lang.hm
Thu Nov 13 21:16:02 EST 2008

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, david at lang.hm wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Build Announcer v2 wrote:
>
> I installed this on my two C2 machines
>
> one was at firmware 2e22 (from upgrading to joyride yesterday) the other
> was at 2e18 both running 767
>
> the one starting from 2e22 upgraded much faster (one failed inc rsync,
> then full rsync vs onw failed in rsync then a inc rsync)
>
> the one starting from 2e22 booted, sees each access point seperatly (15 of
> them for one network in my case), but cannot start any apps. the throbber
> runs and then I end back on the home screen. doing cntl+alt+F1 shows
> errors talking about being unable to open the X display
>
> trying to do a yum install gives an error about a missing gpg key
>
> rebooting doesn't work (error about init --restart being invalid)
>
> I reverted this machine to 767

when I reverted to 767 it asked for my name and had me pick the color
scheme again

> the other machine boots and is able to start apps (same network
> nehiborhook issues) same gpg key issue however when I start the terminal
> the display doesn't show full characters until the screen scrolls

this box let me start terminal, but starting browse fails

there ia an error on the console about Server is already active for
display 0

when reverting this back to 767 it would not boot (traceback  error) I
will try and send a picture of the screen as a reply to this message

David Lang