Emulating 8.2 images on QEMU for windows

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 16:30:01 EST 2008

I'd love to get the Windows installer capable of installing without
issue on Vista, but I lack a Vista machine to test.  I would welcome
any assistance with this matter!

Also, regarding downloading the image instead of bundling it, It easy
to modify the installer to download the image.  NSIS has a Download
plugin for this exact purpose.  That would drop the initial file size
down to a few MB, and we could add a disk space check beforehand.

--------------------------

To work on the installer:

Install NSIS from nsis.sourceforge.net.

Get the installer source code:
git clone git://dev.laptop.org/git/users/wadeb/wininstall/.git

Or, download the source .tgz source file from this link:
http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=users/wadeb/wininstall/.git;a=snapshot

The installer code is all in the 'olpc.nsi' file.  This is a simple,
text based install script.  The NSIS download has full documentation
for the language.

Cheers,
Wade