Video from last week's country meetings.

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Thu May 29 17:32:16 EDT 2008

> Please let me know the exact URL you had trouble viewing, and
> double-check the sizes against the index listing on
> http://download.laptop.org/content/conf/20080520-country-wkshp/Video/2008-05-20/
> to ensure you have the whole file.  There are multiple versions of
> each talk, and it's possible that I goofed encoding some of them, but
> it's tedious for me to view them all (again!) to figure out which one
> you might have been having problems with.  The source DVD seems to be
> complete, so I should be able to correct any problems you find.

  For the Alan's talk, the audio part does go all the way to then end,
but in the middle of talk, a USB device detection sound occurs, and a
Window explorer covers the screen, and the video part froze there.
The page is:

http://download.laptop.org/content/conf/20080520-country-wkshp/Video/2008-05-20/13-Beyond-Printing%20(small).html

  It is hard to explain, but if you just access the above page on a
computer, and ignore it 20 minutes and come back, you'll see what is
the problem.  (During the actual talk, the audience didn't see that
problem, so the problem could be at the encoding time and if that was
the case, it would be nice to correct it from the orignal recording.)

 I haven't tried the ogg version.  Sorry.

> On the other hand, I can't help it if the slides for some of the talks
> are uninformative =).  (Actually, I'm already doing what I can, which
> is trying to get video to supplement the slides.)

  Perhaps getting Alan's Etoys image for the talk might be good?

  Thank you!

-- Yoshiki