OLPC: Open Organized Transparent

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Tue May 27 15:41:01 EDT 2008

[sorry to resurrect]

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 07:53:11PM -0400, Garrett Goebel wrote:
> Going back through the archives, I have to admit that as often as not
> the smack talk came from someone without a laptop.org email address.
> But here are some examples of offensive, dismissive, and unanswered
> emails:
>
> http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-May/013770.html
> > "You're on crack, Bert" [...] "Didn't we go over this already?"

I found this a very healthy (and sometimes amusing) email
(sub-)thread, especially the way it was politely, publicly wrapped up.
I didn't have to do an exegesis of the sub-thread to understand the
perspectives involved nor the clarifying, final result[1,2].  More of
this, IMHO.

Martin

1. http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-May/013850.html
2. http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-May/013853.html