Slides from the week's country meetings.

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri May 23 20:00:03 EDT 2008

On 24 May 2008, at 00:13, C. Scott Ananian wrote:

> I could use help editing and transcoding the video.  It appears that
> the DVD is cut into 10-minute chapters which don't correspond to the
> actual talks, so the chapters will need to be stitched together in
> kino or similar, broken at semantic boundaries, and exported as Ogg.
> One could add subtitles identifying the participants if one were
> ambitious.    Let me know if you can help.

Scott, if it helps I've had luck in the past using VLC for joining/
transcoding DVD segments. Basically anything VLC can play, it also
seems to be able to export. I used the Streaming/Export Wizard to take
(unprotected) DVD content in 3 parts and export it to a single mp4
(haven't used Ogg much but would be surprised if VLC didn't support
it). Would then be easy (well easier) to slice up into the actual
talks (I'd use QuickTime Pro here for simple slicing as I'm OSX).

Happy to help if it means you get on with other stuff, though
downloading all that DVD data to me could be a pain. How many GB are
we talking about? If it's on a server somewhere I'd be happy to give
it a whirl.

--Gary