XO-2 software plans

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri May 23 09:42:08 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
>   > That's assuming that non-OLPC developers will have access to
>   > hardware before it will be declared ready for deployment. Otherwise
>   > it will be like G1G1 -- first batch to outside developers coincides
>   > with first mass deployment, then everyone complains that deployment
>   > happened before development.
>
> This isn't true at all.  I got my first hardware, as a non-employee with
> no relationship to the project, in May 2006.  We'd sent hundreds of
> laptops out via the public developer program by the time G1G1 happened.

Same here. I got an A1 board and B2 machine as soon as those were
available. You do have to show you are working on interesting code,
but OLPC was very open and generous with their dev programme.

(and now that I work for olpc, I get refurbished machines. T'was
better when I was an outsider! heh ;-) )

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions