Turkish keyboard layout

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed May 21 01:58:53 EDT 2008

I accidentally sent this to one person last time. Sorry. Here it is
for everybody.

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Kim Quirk <kim at laptop.org> wrote:
> We're looking for some help on the Turkey keyboard layout. Attached is an
> image of the 'Q' layout for Turkey. Can anyone verify the details of this
> layout?
>
> Bernie, Arjun,
> Can either of you create this alternate Turkey keyboard wiki page and help
> figure out what needs to be done for SW support?
>
> Thanks,
> Kim

The default Turkish keyboard layout in Ubuntu is Q.

Have these problems been fixed? If so, someone should fix the
following text on the Turkish
language page.

Turkish localization presents severe problems for Sugar because Sugar
is written in the Python programming language. In the Python
programming language, case conversion is not locale-specific. This
prevents correct handling of these characters: i, I, ı, İ. (the dot is
treated much like a typical European accent, being neither added nor
removed during case conversion)

Currently the Turkish locale settings make Sugar immediately crash.
Even if this were fixed, Turkish text would still be mangled during
case conversion.

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/