Devel Digest, Vol 27, Issue 108

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Fri May 16 10:51:07 EDT 2008

Steve,

I don't know how to project an actual XO, but have you considered
running a Live CD version of Sugar on your regular laptop? You would
boot up using the CD, no need to install anything on the hard drive, and
this would give your laptop the Sugar interface which you could demo to
your audience.  Some features would be missing (camera, etc.) but it
might do for your demonstration if you can't come up with anything better.

I found a couple of links:

http://olpc.download.redhat.com/olpc/streams/sdk/build1/livecd/

I haven't tried that one, it might be out of date.

Or one I have tried:

http://janimo.blogspot.com/2007/12/xubuntusugar-livecd.html

I liked this one enough to install it on my hard drive, and I use it for
Activity development.

James Simmons

Message: 9