Priorities for Develop?

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Fri May 16 09:02:02 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Jameson Chema Quinn
<jquinn at cs.oberlin.edu> wrote:
> OK, here's the status on your list. In general, I had taken it as a given
> that most of what you said would work before I moved on.

Great!

>> * Integration with the View Source key for arbitrary activities
>
> For arbitrary *python* activities, all necessary code exists. View source
> would rebundle current activity and take you to the journal where you could
> open it. (Minor missing UI: that bundle should default to editing instead of
> running - needs new journal features.) I'm waiting for a few joyrides which
> include my other patches before pushing this as a patch.

I did mean to say python activities. :)

Perhaps you should revise http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Develop then :)

>> * Support for editing single file activities
>
> Not on my roadmap - that is Pippy's job (unless you mean "editing n-file
> activities where n=1").

Yes, where n=1 - I meant in case this is easier than multiple file activities.

> *currently also very easy to lose changes by producing invalid activity
> bundles by munging MANIFEST. This is the main motivation for updating bundle
> format, hopefully this should be fixed soon.

I'm sure a sanity check of MANIFEST wouldn't be hard to add - make
sure all files are listed - but not a high priority I'm sure.

Morgan