[sugar] OLPC priorities for Sugar in the August release

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed May 14 20:41:38 EDT 2008

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Greg Smith (gregmsmi)
> <gregmsmi at cisco.com> wrote:
>>  Thinking about the "hot corners" pop-up frame thingy, Nepal asked that
>>  be deprecated and I agree based on my personal experience and that of my
>>  kids. The only thing I have heard people use it for is the copy and
>>  paste functionality. Waveplace lead mentioned that and its used in the
>>  Uruguay training presentation linked above.
>
> Simon is working on making this an option. We would still need to
> decide about the default obviously...
>
> Marco

These sugar rpms include a control panel option to set a delay for the frame
activation and an option to toggle the top of the screen to activate the frame.

http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/cp/

You need to install sugar and sugar-toolkit (rpm -U [package] should work
fine). I tested on joyride 1918.

The control panel can be accessed with the palette on the XO in the home screen.

Best,
    Simon