very simple datastore reimplementation

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue May 13 20:30:21 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org> wrote:
>  > Can we shift the behaviour we want to put in the FUSE layer into a
>  > Sugar-level library that just uses POSIX underneath?

>  That's what olpcfs is doing: it exploits the POSIX interface as much as
>  possible, and if you read Scott's document (as I was today), you'll see
>  that....

Not sure if we are agreeing to the same thing ;-) I guess what I was
meaning to say is "can we put the logic in a library _instead of_
putting it in a FUSE layer?".

As I read the Olpcfs document (few weeks ago now), what I understood
is that Olpcfs lays out a mostly POSIX-based convention, but uses a
FUSE layer to store things.

Did I completely misunderstand it?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com