Docs, Help tickets (was Re: OLPC Project suggestions.)

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Mon May 12 23:41:39 EDT 2008

The RT ticketing system was not made public since a number of people were
sending their concerns to us (by sending email to help at laptop.org); and
including personal information and order information. We decided to make it
private to protect this data.

But -- it is really important for us all to see the metrics from the RT
system to answer the kinds of questions that everyone has: How many
questions are on getting started, on wifi, on donor services (where is my
laptop?), etc.

I have attached some pictures of metrics... but it might be more informative
to put that info on a public wiki page so we can get trends over time, etc.

A few things about these stats:
1 - these stats are almost entirely from the Give One Get One donors.
2 - these don't represent all questions as there was a partner taking 99% of
the phone calls and about 5-8 times as many email questions as our RT
system.
3 - we did these stats WITH the donor services questions (where is my
laptop?) and without those questions, which represents 'tech support'
questions.

Regards,
Kim