sugar-jhbuild: libnssutil3.so exists, why can't hulahop find it?

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Mon May 12 12:20:25 EDT 2008

I have been using sugar-jhbuild on my openSUSE 10.2 box for several
months now, and last week I deleted it and did a complete rebuild of
it.  One problem I have had from the beginning and still have is that
when I try to run the Browse activity I get a message saying that
hulahop fails when trying to load libnssutil3.so, claiming it is not found.

Marco has been helping me try different things to fix this, but the
problem won't go away.  Nobody else seems to be having a problem with
Browse under sugar-jhbuild, so I figure it must be something I'm doing
wrong.

This weekend I discovered that the library that is supposed to be
missing is in fact in the directory

sugar-jhbuild/install/lib/xulrunner-1.9b5

I understood that sugare-jhbuild looks within its own lib directory for
libraries before looking into the system lib directories.  I can't
understand why it says it can't find this library that is clearly
present, and if the problem is one specific to SUSE or not.  Everything
else in sugar-jhbuild seems to be working.

If anyone has ideas on how I could fix this I'd appreciate hearing them.

Thanks,

James Simmons