very simple datastore reimplementation

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Fri May 9 11:00:14 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org> wrote:
> FUSE is great, but...
>
> It means interoperability must be an explicit planned-in-advance action:
> if a datastore is already on a removable device in your pocket, and you
> need to access something on a foreign system, you are stuck unless there
> is some minimal level of human interpretability of the file system...

You implicitly assume that the kids have managed to get DS formatted
files onto the external device here, though, which is something I
don't think we /need/ to do if we don't want to. I guess the case that
worries me here, though, is backup.  I'm not sure it's prudent to
"decompress" and "recompress" with each backup and restore...

- Eben